Rc stuff

poooooo

that was sarahs contribution.

Sooo anyway, things that have happened since the start of the month.

I finally got me a kawasaki, never owned one.

Pity about the unique colour. already removed the kiddy crap, haven’t gone out yet tho..

so to the hobby stuff, gonna make the tt01 into a truck. for no good reason. first i pulled it out.

also since the brothers gone back to canada, i got all his rc stuff, got about 4.5 cars now ūüôā

This is his charger, which is an american 110v so i have to make it run on 12v

So im gonna chop up an ATX PSU, and make it into a stable 12vdc output. a green sense wire needed earthing and i put 4 yellows and 4 black wires onto posts and that gave me 11.5v, i added a 20w 8.5ohm to a 5v line and got the voltage up to 12.1, happy but it could be better since under load it drops to 11.8ish, but the charger is happy.

and hear it is happily charging everything.

cb1100r finally moving under its own power, glorious sound.

Have a smashed up lawnmower.

Hayabusa 0 cbr6 1

Went for a spin on the busa wednesday,hand nearly exploded all four fingers still hurt to move, no more busa riding it’s gotta go.

On the plus side the cbr6 is still good, added a bit of weld to the right passenger foot peg to level it out a bit, put a bit more oil in it (filter is still leaking a bit) and when i¬†discovered¬†last night that the lights were pointing way up (haven’t actually driven in the dark in a long time) i chopped a wedge of metal out of the headlamp bracket and re welded that too, just have to wait till it’s dark to test it out.

Also a while back i¬†re-soldered¬†my 8-cell stick battery pack to make it fit in the tt-01’s 6-cell space, haven’t actually played with it since but it should be a lot faster then the old 800mah 8-cell pack. That is of course providing that the solder will stay in place, don’t have a very powerful solder gun.

tt-01 semi-rally

Bits arrived this week for my tt-01, first up was the wheels,¬†disappointed¬†that they need to have the tyres glued on but no biggy, gotta find the time to paint em soon. Then i did the shocks they are ta-05 shocks and came with fine 3mm threaded stuff that didn’t really suit the plastic tt-01 still I battled on and found some long self threading screws with out shanks for the bottom of the shocks and then used 3mm bar at the top set deep into the plastic to mount the upper ball joint. Haven’t tested it yet but it should be good only weak point is the upper mount and if they fail it’s just some 3mm bar and eight 3mm nuts to create a really strong solution.

Also got a¬†turnbuckle¬†tie-rod set for the steering tamiya stuff really nice, some day now I’ll mod the chassis for a little bit more¬†articulation¬†get the¬†handling¬†more scale, shocks aren’t long enough for an out right rally car so I’ll just stick to tarmac rallying.

Bloody gilera can’t even bloody sit there bloody¬†quietly¬†with out some bloody thing¬†breaking. fecking!!!

Right now I’m¬†servicing¬†this thing, oil in the frame had me stumped for a minute when only 500ml’s of oil came out of the engine ūüôā

The honda 50 challenge battle scars, ted still made it around the ring of kerry despite the petrol tank (which doubles as a seat) cracking and letting out quite a lot of petrol and ruining the paintwork.

Also¬†I’ve¬†been playing with the busa’s suspension found out the standard setting and it’s still wasn’t right… then I got a manual from carlslater.com, I had the compression and rebound adjusters the wrong way around, DOH!